MANTRA: OM GAM GANAPATAYE NAMAH
Benefits of the basic Mantra:
- It wards off all negativities from our life
- Before beginning any new work, chanting of this mantra ensures success in the venture with good results.
HOW TO PERFORM:
- Hold your left hand in front of your chest with the palm facing outward. Bend the fingers. Now grasp the left hand with the right hand, which has its back facing outward. Move the hands to the level of the heart, right in front of the chest.
- While exhaling, vigorously pull the hands apart without releasing the grip. This will tense the muscles of the upper arms and chest area.
- While inhaling, let go of all the tension. Repeat 6 times and then lovingly place both hands on the sternum in this position. Focus on the feeling in this part of your body.
THEN CHANGE THE HAND POSITION:
Your right palm now faces outward. Repeat the mudra 6 times in this position. Once a day is enough.
- Repeat the same mudra, but this time keep the lower arms diagonal instead of horizontal: one elbow points upward at a slant and the other elbow points downward at a slant.
- This mudra stimulates heart activity, strengthens heart muscles, opens the bronchial tubes, and releases any type of tension in this area.
- It opens the fourth chakra and gives us courage, confidence, and openness toward other human beings.
- Since the Ganesha Mudra activates the fire element , which reacts positively to the color red, the following visualizations support activity of the heart and circulation.
- It encourages us to encounter our fellow human beings with an open and friendly heart.
CATHERINE SHALINI RAJA
CARDIO RESPIRATORY PHYSCIAL THERAPIST
FITNESS & SPORTS REHABILITATION SPECIALIST