- Dyslexia is a general term for disorder that involves
- Difficulty in breathing
- Difficulty in reading
- Interpret words/letters
- They do not affect general intelligence.
AMYOTROPHIC LATERAL SCLEROSIS:
*It is a nervous system disease that weakens muscle and impacts physical functions.
* Nerve cell that break down leads to reduced function in the muscle.
* It is also known as lateral sclerosis, Lou Gehrigs disease.
* It is an inability or impact to understand or produce speech as a result of brain damage.
* It can occur suddenly after a stroke or head injury.
* Treatment : speech therapy.
ARNOLD CHIARI MALFORMATION:
*A condition in which brain tissue extends into the spinal Canal present at birth.
* It occurs when part of the skull is abnormally small.
* It is a structural defect in the cerebellum.
* Ataxia is a degenerative disease of the nervous system.
* It is defined as the impaired balance are coordination.
* It can be due to damage to brain, nerves or muscle.
* A condition in which fluid accumulates in the brain, typically in young children, enlarging the head and sometime causing brain damage.
- Neural tube defect
- Brain tumors.
SIGNS &SYMPTOMS OF HYDROCEPHALUS:
- *Difficulty focusing the eyes
- *Unsteady walk /gait
- *Sudden fall
- *Abnormal head enlargement
- * Urinary incontinence.
TYPES OF CEREBRAL PALSY:
* Abnormal brain development of an before birth.
- Spastic cerebral palsy.
- Athetoid cerebral palsy
- Ataxia cerebral palsy.
- Mixed cerebral palsy.
OTHER NAME OF CEREBRAL PALSY:
* Froggy legs
* Floppy baby syndrome
* Littles disease
* Pre ventricular leuco Malaysia
* Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy.