THE FUNCTIONS OF NUCLEUS:
- It controls the heredity characteristics of an organism.
- It is responsible for protein synthesis, cell division, growth and differentiation.
- Stores heredity material in the form of deoxy-ribonucleic acid (DNA) strands.
- Also stores proteins and ribonucleic acid (RNA) in the nucleolus.
- It is a site for transcription process in which messenger RNA (m RNA) are produced for protein synthesis.
- Aids in exchange of DNA and RNA (heredity materials) between the nucleus and the rest of the cell.
- Nucleolus produces ribosomes and are known as protein factories.
- It also regulates the integrity of genes and gene expression.