- The spinal bath is another important form of hydrotherapic treatment. This bath provides a soothing effect to the spinal column and thereby influences the central nervous system.
- It is given in a specially designed tub with its back raised so as to provide proper support to the head.
- The bath can be administered at cold, neutral and hot temperatures. The water level in the tub should be an inch and a half to two inches and the patient should lie in it for three to 10 minutes.
- The cold spinal bath relieves irritation, fatigue, hypertension and excitement. It is beneficial in almost all nervous disorders such as hysteria, fits, mental disorders, loss of memory and tension.
- The neutral spinal bath is a soothing and sedative treatment, especially for the highly strung and irritable patient.
- It is the ideal treatment for insomnia and also relieves tension of the vertebral column. The duration of this bath is 20 to 30 minutes.
- The hot spinal bath, on the other hand, helps to stimulate the nervous, especially when they are in a depressed state.
- It also relieves vertebral pain in spondylitis and muscular backache. It relieves sciatic pain and gastrointestinal disturbances of gastric origin.
CATHERINE SHALINI RAJA
CARDIO RESPIRATORY PHYSCIAL THERAPIST
FITNESS & SPORTS REHABILITATION SPECIALIST.
7 thoughts on “HYDROTHERAPY!!! SPINAL BATH”
Very useful message cathy. Good work. 😃
THANK U SHASI
Mam this article is very useful but a doubt how to choose the nature of temperature of water for the diseases like for example for insomnia patient which temperature will we give hot cold or neutral therapy which will be best for them ???
THANK YOU DEAR SAGARIKA… ALWAYS GO FOR PATIENTS COMFORTABLE TEMPERATURE.. CHECK FOR SENSATION IN PATIENTS WITH DIABETES.
Please provide contact number
Do you provide spinal bath, if yes ,please let me know the price. Thanks.