The Linga Mudra help in reduce weight. However, for this purpose it must be done with particular care three times a day for 15 minutes.
Place both palms together and clasp your fingers. One thumb should remain upright; encircle it with the thumb and index finger of your other hand. Do as needed or three times a day for 15 minutes.
- This finger position increases the powers of resistance against coughs, colds, and chest infections.
- It also loosens mucus that has collected in the lungs.
- In addition, it is very useful for people who suffer from respiratory complaints when the weather changes. It also increases the body temperature and is particularly suited for people who don’t develop a fever that is high enough.
- Fever is important because many bacteria within the body can only be killed when it reaches a certain temperature.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, and mainly eat cooling foods, such as yogurt, rice, bananas, and citrus fruits.
- If the Linga Mudra is done too long, a feeling of sluggishness and lethargy may occur.
- This is a sign that you should shorten the length of this exercise and consume more cooling foods and drinks.
- In order to stimulate your immune system and increase body temperature, you can practice the following exercise before doing the Linga Mudra.
- It is appropriately called “Throwing the Illness Behind You.” the Linga Mudra while sitting or lying down until you feel very hot.
CATHERINE SHALINI RAJA
CARDIO RESPIRATORY PHYSCIAL THERAPIST
FITNESS & SPORTS REHABILITATION SPECIALIST.