The Pran Mudra activates the root chakra, in which the elemental force of a human being is found. This finger position stimulates the nourishing energy in the pelvic floor.
- The Pran Mudra generally increases vitality, reduces fatigue and nervousness, and improves vision. It is also used against eye diseases.
- On the mental-emotional level, it increases our staying power and assertiveness, healthy self-confidence, gives us the courage to start something new, and the strength to see things through.
- Clear eyes are also a sign of a mental outlook emphasizing clarity and a clear mind, which means clearly structured thoughts and ideas.
- Nervousness is usually a sign of weakness, of too much distraction and too little inner stability.
- The Pran Mudra—combined with a conscious, slow, and gentle way of breathing,has the effect of being as stabilizing and calming as a secure anchor.
- With each hand, Place the tips of the thumb, ring finger, and little finger together. The other fingers remain extended. As needed, use for 5 to 30 minutes. Or, as a course of treatment, do three times a day for 15 minutes.
- When you do the Pran Mudra you can also put your thumb onto the fingernails of the other two fingers instead of on their tips. This has the effect of causing both the right and left brain hemispheres to function equally, become active, and mutually complement each other, which is very important for holistic health.
- NOTE — ALWAYS DO MUDRA WITH YOGA EXPERT ADVICE.
CATHERINE SHALINI RAJA
CARDIO RESPIRATORY PHYSICAL THERAPIST
FITNESS & SPORTS REHABILITATION SPECIALIST.