- Encircle the your thumb with the four fingers of your right hand. At the same
- Time, touch the right thumb to the extended middle finger of your left
- Hand. Together, the two hands look like a conch shell. Hold your hands in
- Front of your sternum.
- Do this as often and as long as you want.
- Or use it three times daily for 15 minutes as a course of treatment
- When you want to practice this mudra, you can first sing “OM” several times.
- Then listen within yourself, to the silence, for several minutes afterward.
- This mudra is used during rituals in many Hindu temples.
- There, the conch horn is blown in the morning to announce the opening of the temple doors.
- The same applies to our inner temple, in which the divine light shines—it should also be opened.
- The Shell Mudra drives away every kind of problem in the throat.
- If you practice it regularly, especially if you sing “OM” as you do it, you can improve your voice.
- It also has a very calming effect and leads to collection in silence.
CATHERINE SHALINI RAJA
CARDIO RESPIRATORY PHYSICAL THERAPIST
FITNESS & SPORTS REHABILITATION SPECIALIST
2 thoughts on “The Shell Mudra : SHANKH MUDRA”
Does Shankh Mudra have any positive effect on Manipura Chakra ? Some Authors claim this mudra has effect on 72000 Nadi ( nerve centre) having influence on Digestive system . Pl guide .
I am happy to get new if oration regarding mudras