- Fruit and vegetable juices may be divided into six main types.
- Generally speaking, fruit juices stir up toxins and acids in the body, thereby stimulating the eliminative processes.
- Vegetable juices, on the other hand, soothe the jaded nerves and work in a much milder manner. They carry away toxic matter in a gentle way.
These are 6 types :
- Juices from sweet fruits such as prunes and grapes.
- Juices from sub-acid fruits like apple, plum, pear, peach, apricot and cherry,
- Juices from acid fruits like orange, lemon, grapefruit, strawberry and pineapple.
- Juices from vegetable fruits, namely, tomato and cucumber.
- Juices from green leafy vegetables like cabbage, celery, lettuce, spinach, parsley and watercress.
- Juices from root vegetables like beetroot, carrot, onion, potato and radish.
Owing to their differing actions fruit and vegetable juices should not be used at the same time or mixed together. It is desirable to use juices individually. In any case not more than three juices should be used in any one mixture.
CATHERINE SHALINI RAJA
CARDIO RESPIRATORY PHYSCIAL THERAPIST
FITNESS & SPORTS REHABILITATION SPECIALIST