Selenium and vitamin E are synergistic and the two together are stronger than the sum of the equal parts.
- The coagulation time is a measurement of the intrinsic power of the blood to convert fibrinogen to fibrin.
- PT (The prothrombin time ) is measured in seconds. Most of the time, results are given as what is called INR(international normalized ratio).
- If you are not taking blood thinning medicines, such as warfarin, the normal range for your PT results is: 11 to 13.5 seconds.
- Mitochondria are known as the powerhouses of the cell.
- They are organelles that act like a digestive system which takes in nutrients, breaks them down, and creates energy rich molecules for the cell.
- Mitochondria are a part of eukaryotic cells.
- The main job of mitochondria is to perform cellular respiration.
- This means it takes in nutrients from the cell, breaks it down, and turns it into energy.
- This energy is then in turn used by the cell to carry out various functions.
- All human tissues contain small amounts of magnesium. The Adult human body contains about 25 gms. of this mineral.
- The greater part of this amount is present in bones in combination with phosphate and carbonate.
All living matter contains some sulphur. This element is therefore essential for life.
Tasty nuts contain selenium, a nutrient that can cut the risk of prostate cancer in men. In addition, selenium stimulates the production of healthy ova and sperm, making it one of the best aphrodisiacs.
- Iron is an important mineral which enters into the vital activity of the blood and glands.
- Continue reading “IRON : MOST IMPORTANT MINERAL”
It combines with calcium to create the calcium-phorsphorus balance necessary for the growth of bones and teeth and in the formation of nerve cells.
Signs And Symptoms Of Quadriplegia:
- Extreme Back Pain Or Pressure In Your Neck, Head Or Back
- Weakness, Incoordination Or Paralysis In Any Part Of Your Body
- Numbness, Tingling Or Loss Of Sensation In Your Hands, Fingers, Feet Or Toes
- Loss Of Bladder Or Bowel Control
- Difficulty With Balance And Walking
- Impaired Breathing After Injury
- An Oddly Positioned Or Twisted Neck Or Back
3RD YEAR BPT. VINAYAKA MISSIONS COLLEGE OF PHYSIOTHERAPY.
- IMMAN BABU
- VASANTH KUMAR.