- Vitamin B2 or riboflavin, also known as vitamin G, is essential for growth and general health as also for healthy eyes, skin, nails and hair.
- It helps eliminate sore mouth, lips and tongue.
- It also functions with other substances to metabolise carbohydrates, fats, and protein.
- The main sources of this vitamin are green leafy vegetables, milk, cheese, wheat germ, egg, almonds,sunflower, seeds, citrus fruits and tomatoes.
- Its deficiency can cause a burning sensation in the legs, lips and tongue, oily skin, premature wrinkles on face and arm and eczema.
- The recommended daily allowance for this vitamin is 1.6 to 2.6 mg. for adults and 0.6 to one mg for children.
- Its use in larger quantities, say from 25 to 50 mg.
- Is beneficial in the treatment of nutritional cataracts and other eye ailments, digestive disturbances, nervous depression, general debility, and certain types of high blood pressure.
CATHERINE SHALINI RAJA
CARDIO RESPIRATORY PHYSICAL THERAPIST
FITNESS & SPORTS REHABILITATION SPECIALIST.